Monday, August 12, 2013

The Sound of Silence

So on Wednesday I am going under the knife. Or more accurately, the laser. 

I am undergoing a stapedectomy. They will be putting in a prosthetic stapes into my right ear in the hopes to restore my hearing so I will no longer need the hearing aid. I am not sure how the recovery is going to be but I can only hope I see or hear some major improvement. I will have packing in my ear for a week and a half so I won't hear the improvement until the packing is removed but I should still be able to tell with the packing in. 

It's scary with recovering and taking care of the twins but the quality of life and the hearing improvement will be worth it. 

The plan is to get the left ear done also, perhaps by the end of the year. I'm just hoping for an easy recovery. 

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope all went well. A bit worried. Can you update, pretty please.

    ReplyDelete