Friday, July 19, 2013

Updates and more updates!!

Hi everyone!

The twins are 17 days old right now.  Grayson only spent 8 days in the NICU and Evelyn was there for 13.  She just came home on Monday and it has been a joy having them both together.  It's much easier when you don't have to drive back and forth to the hospital a few times a day to spend time with the baby still in the NICU.  So we are truly blessed to have them both home.

Let's see...they have both lost their umbilical cords leaving nothing but cute belly buttons behind.  Grayson has gained a good amount of weight and finally broke the 5 pound mark.  Evelyn is at 5 pounds 10 ounces and we are going back to see the pediatrician on Tuesday for another weight check.

Todd and I are enjoying the exhaustion that comes with getting up every 3-4 hours to feed the babies.  Mom has also been a huge help during the day.  I am figuring out how to make it out of the house on occasion with both kids and I have been on time for most things.

I'm recovering well from the c-section.  I had a short course of antibiotics for a surface infection but that's all better now.  Otherwise, I am moving around well and happy to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight though my shape is different so clothes are tough on occasion.  I'm still enjoying dresses and skirts for comfort.  Thrilled to be able to shave my legs again though!!  LOL!!!

The kids are great!  Not the best poopers in the world.  Grayson doesn't want to give up a burp without a fight.  Both kids are prone to hiccups - especially Evie.

It really amazes me that I love them SO much.  I'm still dealing with the transition in my life.  I made it through this horrible infertility and pregnancy loss journey and I have two beautiful miracles that are mine and I still have to pinch myself every day that we did it!  We beat it and we are the parents of two beautiful boy/girl twins and also parents to two amazing angels that watched over all of us.

Going to finish off some coffee and close my eyes for a little bit.  Before it's time to feed them again!

I do want to mention too that Todd is an amazing father.  I always knew he would be but he truly is amazing and I am lucky to have him as my husband but they are luckier to have him as a father.

I leave you with some pictures!












3 comments:

  1. Congrats again. They are so beautiful. The final picture you look so at peace and happy with your babies :) I couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! I love where you wrote about enjoying the exhaustion. Only couples who go through infertility and pregnancy loss can be truly happy with pure exhaustion. Worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.. Love to see the new pictures of them. Just such blessings.

    ReplyDelete