Monday, June 24, 2013

34 Weeks!

How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up about 20 pounds, but 9+ of that is baby so still doing well.

Maternity Clothes: Yup – though I hate anything that is too tight on my stomach.  Most nights I hang out on the couch with my bare belly hanging out.  J

Movement: Yes – though sometimes they are quiet and it worries me so I do what I can to get them to wake up and move.  I feel him more these days.  I think she is so low and cramped she has less room to move around

Sleep: Definitely getting worse.  Taking my Tylenol PM and it seems to be helping a bit.  Still up between 6 and 15 times a night to pee though…

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.  Now some cramping and aches and pains.  It’s just uncomfortable.  I will admit that it's truly uncomfortable 24/7.  The round ligament pain is the worst right now.  The weight of the babies makes it feel like I got kicked in the crotch!  Walking hurts, lifting my leg or turning one way or another – it all hurts!!!

Cravings: Sweets, just because I can’t have them.

Freak-out of the Week: No freak-outs.  Just resting as much as possible and drinking a ton of water. 

Looking Forward To: Meeting our little miracles!!  Not too soon but SOON!!!  My friend who was a week ahead of me with boy/girl twins had her babies this morning…that really put it in perspective that these babies are coming SOON!!

Next Appointment: Wednesday I have MFM for blood flow, fluid check and then off to the hospital for my NST.  OB on Thursday and another NST on Friday.  This will be my appointment schedule for the durations I believe.

Miscellaneous: Wildfire is 100% contained near us though there is another huge fire burning and causing poor air quality and smoke around here. Other than that there isn’t much going on.  Just spending my days on the couch as much as possible and trying to find energy for all these appointments.  J

We did have our first NST at the hospital on Friday and the babies were fine - plenty of movement and the heart rates did exactly what they needed to and no contractions from me.  

34 Weeks - At less than two months to go, baby weighs in at about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. By week 34, she's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them. (If you're not, start ... she may find them soothing after birth.)


No comments:

Post a Comment