Monday, June 17, 2013

33 WEEKS!!


How Far Along: 33 Weeks

 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up about 20 pounds, but 7+ of that is baby so still doing well.

 

Maternity Clothes: Yup – though I hate anything that is too tight on my stomach.  Most nights I hang out on the couch with my bare belly hanging out.  J

 

Movement: A TON of movement.  Though there are days they are slow and not real active and then I get payback at night when I lay down and they get CRAZY (like last night). 

 

Sleep: Definitely getting worse.  Started taking Tylenol PM to get to sleep.  Then woke up at 4am for like 3 hours…then back to sleep for a while longer.  Between hip pain and getting up to pee (more on that below) sleep SUCKS!!!

 

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

 

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.  Now some cramping and aches and pains.  It’s just uncomfortable.  I will admit that it's truly uncomfortable 24/7.

 

Cravings: Sweets, just because I can’t have them.

 

Freak-out of the Week: On Saturday I had a considerable amount of cramping.  I went back upstairs and had a little water and laid on my left side and little relief.  I took a hot shower and felt better for five minutes and then had some abdominal pain I actually had to breathe through.  Between that and back pain I called the on-call doctor since my OB was out of town.  We were instructed to head over to Labor & Delivery and we did just that.  We got hooked up to the monitors and they were fine.  Moving and heart rates were good.  After some monitoring we determined I was dehydrated and had an irritable uterus causing a couple of contractions but nothing very strong or regular.  SO I have been instructed to drink around 150oz of water a day.  Which directly leads to me peeing ALL. THE. TIME…  Though they did check my cervix and it high and long so no dilation or anything so these babies are staying put.  And so am I!!

 

Looking Forward To: Meeting our little miracles!!  Not too soon but SOON!!!

 

Next Appointment: Growth scan on 6/19 and OB on 6/20.  Should be starting the NSTs at the hospital shortly too.  CRAZY!!!

 

Miscellaneous: The wildfire in our area is now 75% contained.  We were not directly affected by the fire but it was scary to have it so close.

 

33 Weeks - At week 33, baby weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. She may even grow up to a full inch this week! She's turning into a curious kid who can keep her eyes open while awake, and she's starting to coordinate her breathing with her sucking and swallowing. Those baby bones are continuing to harden as well.

 
This is a durian fruit...I've seen it on Food Network...apparently it smells like hot garbage...  I think they need to find a different fruit...

No comments:

Post a Comment