Monday, June 10, 2013

32 Weeks!!

How Far Along: 32 Weeks
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up about 18 pounds, but 7+ of that is baby so 10 pounds isn’t too bad at all I don’t think!
 
Maternity Clothes: Yes! but mostly wearing dresses - they are much more comfortable thatn anything else.
 
Movement: A TON of movement.  Our son is mostly active in the middle of the night and early morning and our daughter is active the rest of the time. 
 
Sleep: Getting worse.  Finding blocks of insomnia in the middle of the night.  Like this morning it was from 5-6:30am.  I did manage to get back to sleep for a couple more hours.
 
Gender: A boy and a girl!!!
 
Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.  Now some cramping and aches and pains.  It’s just uncomfortable.  I will admit that it's truly uncomfortable 24/7.
 
Cravings: Sweets, just because I can’t have them.
 
Freak-out of the Week: Just trying to tell myself that I am almost at the end and they will be here before I know it!  I'm starting to question my parenting and mothering abilities but I am sure I will be just fine and it will all kick in once I get them home!
 
Looking Forward To: Meeting our little miracles!!  Not too soon but SOON!!!
 
Next Appointment: Growth scan on 6/19 and OB on 6/20.  Should be starting the NSTs at the hospital shortly too.  CRAZY!!!
 
Miscellaneous: It's hard to stay on the couch.  I did get out this weekend and I used the electric scooter at WalMart and the grocery store.  Here is a picture of me at the grocery store.
I didn't hit anybody or knock anything over so I did pretty well.  It got me out of the house and put no stress on the babies so I wouldn't mind going out and riding the scooter again if I felt the urge to get out of the house.

I'm thrilled to hit 32 weeks today.  This made the difference between what hospital I was going to deliver at.  If I was prior to 32 weeks I would have to deliver at Memorial Central which is downtown.  they have a higher level NICU which would have been necessary for the babies to be in.  Now that I have reached 32 weeks, if I were to deliver now, I could deliver at my hospital of choice, Memorial North.  So this was one of my last milestones to reach.  The final milestone now is birth!!!

32 Weeks - At week 32, your baby weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches. She's likely to be in the head-down position now, getting ready for her descent -- the journey down the birth canal. And not a minute too soon, because at this point, she's probably feeling even more cramped inside Mommy.

SQUASH!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching such a huge milestone! I am so excited for the home stretch and you meeting your babies!! I love that picture of you- too cute! Hope you feel well and can get some rest before the babes make their big entrance. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news. You're almost finished, Karen. This is fantastic and you will be a wonderful mother, I just know it. Love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete